Conference participants who require a visa to enter the United States please contact Stephanie Smith at the ACM headquarters. All visa related requests are handled only by ACM headquarters and Ms Smith is the person responsible for providing letters of support for the purpose of obtaining a travel visa. Conference attendees are encouraged to begin the visa request process ASAP. Please provide Ms Smith the following information: name as on passport, mailing address, fax number, and paper title if applicable.
- Directions to Various Campus Locations - Driving directions for campus locations and buildings, with links to appropriate campus maps.
- Puget Sound Traffic Conditions - The latest data from WSDOT traffic roadway sensors.
- Washington State Ferries - Information on auto and passenger ferries in the state.
- UW Bus Routes for U-Pass
- Greyhound - Company's website. Find directions from the nearest station to the Seattle campus.
- Metro Online - Local public transportation website.
- Sound Transit Express - Regional bus service for central Puget Sound.
- MyBus - Find your bus location. Includes departure times and delays.
International Airport - Port of Seattle link. Find
directions from the airport to the Seattle
- Shuttle Express (http://www.shuttleexpress.com/ online booking available) offers scheduled van service to SeaTac airport from McMahon Hall and all of the University District hotels. ADVANCE RESERVATIONS are REQUIRED - you can book online at www.shuttleexpress.com or by phone at 425-981-7000. Scheduled service departs each of the hotels every hour on the hour and the fee is $20.50 per person. Scheduled service from McMahon Hall costs $22.50 per person, with departures twice per hour at 15 and 45 minutes past the hour. Scheduled service from SeaTac to Redmond is every hour on the hour, and the cost is $21.
Cost: $55-60. Follow the signs to ground transportation/taxis.
A & A Airport Limousine Service
Cost: $45. http://www.a-alimo.com/contactus.html
Airport rates: http://www.a-alimo.com/airport.html
Eastside rates: (425) 895-0360, Toll Free: 1-800-571-1008
You can make a reservation directly through the website or by phone.
- A-ABC Transportation
Cost: $35.00 cash. Steve Wong, Bob Stanley (206) 242-0102, town car service
You can make a reservation directly by phone.
- Amtrak - List of trains and routes. Find directions from the King Street station downtown to the Seattle campus.
Parking at UWThe University of Washington charges $11 per weekday for parking ($4 on Saturday, free on Sunday). If you will be driving to campus, park in the Central Plaza Parking Garage: The entrance is located at 15th Avenue NE and NE 41st Street. Mary Gates Hall and Kane Hall can be accessed from inside the garage. Once inside the garage, look for signs on the walls of the garage directing you to the buildings above.